Probably not ...
The MHAA operates as a non-profit to serve our community by sharing our knowledge and the beauty of the universe. The vast majority of our programs and services are free of charge, though donations and paid memberships make much of it possible.
That said, a few members-only perks do exist. Our most notable public offerings and members-only benefits are outlined below.
If you'd like to join as a paid member, click here!
Free to all
- Attend MHAA star parties at Lake Taghkanic
- Join monthly guest presentations on Zoom
- Re-watch presentations on Facebook & YouTube
- Join MHAA Meetup group for event notification and RSVP
- Assistance with troubleshooting your astronomy gear (at star parties, etc)
- Participate on MHAA Groups.io discussion board
- Monthly newsletter
Paid members only
- Attend members-only Star Parties for unique one-off celestial events
- Attend members-only Zoom presentations
- Join the MHAA Slack chat workspace for real time discussions
- Borrow club telescopes and gear
- Borrow from club book and media library
- Participate in MHAA steering committe roles
- Represent the MHAA at outreach programs and events requesting our attendance